By Rod Phillips
Phillips follows the ever-changing cultural meanings of those effective potables and makes the astounding argument that a few societies have entered "post-alcohol" levels. His is the 1st booklet to envision and clarify the meanings and results of alcohol in such intensity, from international and long term perspectives.
Read Online or Download Alcohol: A History PDF
Similar spirits books
Champagne : proof, Mysteries, and Curiositiesby: Oscar Zaldaña Paredes
Charles Baker has created what's possibly the best armchair consuming e-book of all time.
The main entire advisor to the wines of the full continent, Wines of South the US introduces readers to the excellent caliber and diversity of wines that till lately were loved, for the main half, in basic terms in the neighborhood. grasp Sommelier Evan Goldstein leads wine fanatics on an exhilarating geographical trip throughout ten international locations, describing the wines, grapes, and areas of every.
"An exhilarating wine ebook. .. No severe wine lover's library is entire with out it" Wine Spectator Grapes & Wines is the foremost to having fun with glossy wine. impending wine via grapes is in track with the way in which shoppers now imagine and know about wine. so much wines, in particular these from the Americas, Australasia and South Africa, at the moment are offered below the identify of the grape kind used instead of below the previous ecu approach of castle and appellation identify.
- The Mason Jar Cocktail Companion: 125 Cocktail Recipes Tailor-Made for the Rustic Charm of a Mason Jar!
- Rosé All Day: The Essential Guide to Your New Favorite Wine
- Session Cocktails: Low-Alcohol Drinks for Any Occasion
- Bourbon Whiskey: Our Native Spirit
- Manuale degli abbinamenti (Atlanti illustrati medi) (Italian Edition)
- The Mad Crush: A Memoir of Mythic Vines and Improbable Winemaking
Additional info for Alcohol: A History
Alcohol: A History by Rod Phillips