By Michael R. Cosby
Author and instructor Michael R. Cosby offers an excellent consultant to Paul's letters, supporting scholars relate them to their very own cultural atmosphere and determine for themselves what they suggest. Irreverent, wonderful, attractive, and enjoyable, but grounded in sound theology, Cosby's textbook, choked with photographs, questions, and insights, is bound to be a preferred academic tool.
Read Online or Download Apostle on the Edge: An Inductive Approach to Paul PDF
Best christian reference books
For millennia, humans have used the Bible as a touchstone on vital social and political questions, and rightly so. yet many use the Bible easily as a weapon to wield opposed to competitors in a number of debates--without figuring out what the Bible truly says in regards to the factor in query. within the Bible Now, revered biblical students, Richard Elliott Friedman and Shawna Dolansky, let us know rigorously what the Hebrew Bible says or doesn't say a few wide selection of issues--including homosexuality, abortion, women's prestige, capital punishment, and the surroundings.
This vintage statement sequence from essentially the most artistic and articulate expositors of the 20 th century is being reissued for a brand new generation.
One in a chain of twenty outdated testomony verse-by-verse remark books edited by way of Max Anders. contains dialogue starters, instructing plan, and extra. nice for lay academics and pastors alike.
The books of the Kings and Chronicles describe the increase and fall of Judah’s kings—some relatively stable and others incredibly undesirable. a few kings reigned honorably, whereas others rejected the Lord and led the country into idolatry. And even if a few kings started with righteous intentions, the affection of cash and different fleshly wants blotted their judgment and led them off beam.
- Soldiers in Luke-Acts: Engaging, Contradicting, and Transcending the Stereotypes (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- Social-Science Commentary on the Letters of Paul
- Hebrews (Vol. 1): An Anchor for the Soul: 001 (Preaching the Word)
- All You Ever Wanted To Know About EXODUS 20 . . . And A Little Bit More
- Childbirth as a Metaphor for Crisis: Evidence from the Ancient Near East, the Hebrew Bible, and 1QH XI, 1-18 (Beihefte Zur Zeitschrift Fur die Alttestamentliche ... Fur die Alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
Extra resources for Apostle on the Edge: An Inductive Approach to Paul
Apostle on the Edge: An Inductive Approach to Paul by Michael R. Cosby