By Steve Waugh,Peter Clements
Enhance and extend your scholars' wisdom and figuring out in their AQA breadth examine via professional narrative, revolutionary talents improvement and bespoke essays from top historians on key debates.
- Builds scholars' realizing of the occasions and problems with the interval with authoritative, well-researched narrative that covers the specification content
- Introduces the major thoughts of swap, continuity, reason and outcome, encouraging scholars to make comparisons throughout time as they increase throughout the course
- Improves scholars' abilities in tackling interpretation questions and essay writing via delivering transparent information and perform activities
- Boosts scholars' interpretative talents and curiosity in background via prolonged examining possibilities including especially commissioned essays from practicing historians on suitable debates
- Cements knowing of the large concerns underpinning the interval with overviews of the major questions, end-of-chapter summaries and diagrams that double up as convenient revision aids
The Making of a Superpower: united states 1865-1975
This identify explores the period of reconstruction, the improvement of the united states as an financial energy, its function in foreign affairs, family concerns and its emergence as a superpower. It considers breadth problems with swap, continuity, reason and end result during this interval via interpreting key questions about topics resembling governance, financial system, society, the position of america in international affairs, ideology and the impression of key individuals.
Read or Download AQA A-level History: The Making of a Superpower: USA 1865-1975 (AQA A Level History) PDF
Similar american history_1 books
In contrast to another reproductions of vintage texts (1) we've not used OCR(Optical personality Recognition), as this ends up in undesirable caliber books with brought typos. (2) In books the place there are pictures equivalent to snap shots, maps, sketches and so on we have now endeavoured to maintain the standard of those photographs, in order that they characterize safely the unique artefact.
The unique fog-soaked Saint Mary's university campus in San Francisco enrolled either boys and younger males and used to be born in 1863 from the academic imaginative and prescient of Archbishop Joseph Sadoc Alemany. In 1889, the campus moved to Oakland and used to be affectionately dubbed the "Old Brickpile. " via fires, earthquakes, international wars and financial disaster, the varsity continued and matured, finally relocating to its current place in Moraga Valley.
Lengthy earlier than the smokestacks and factories of commercial Akron rose from Ohio’s Cuyahoga Valley, the quarter used to be a spot of annoying war of words. starting within the early 19th-century, white settlers all started pushing in from the east, lured by way of the promise of inexpensive (or loose) land. They unavoidably got here into clash with the present population, American Indians who had thrived within the valley for generations or had already been displaced by means of cost alongside the japanese seaboard.
Helen Hunt Jackson’s passionate campaign for Indian rights involves existence during this number of greater than two hundred letters, such a lot of that have by no means been released sooner than. With Valerie Sherer Mathes’s priceless notes, the letters demonstrate the behind-the-scenes drama of Jackson’s involvement in Indian reform, which led her to write down A Century of Dishonor and her protest novel, Ramona.
- Hopes and Expectations: The Origins of the Black Middle Class in Hartford
- Highs and Lows of Little Five, The: A History of Little Five Points (Brief History)
- Whose Harlem Is This, Anyway?: Community Politics and Grassroots Activism during the New Negro Era (Culture, Labor, History)
- Loudoun County Fair (Images of America)
- May Day at Yale, 1970: Recollections: The Trial of Bobby Seale and the Black Panthers
- The Mechanical Horse: How the Bicycle Reshaped American Life (Discovering America)
Extra info for AQA A-level History: The Making of a Superpower: USA 1865-1975 (AQA A Level History)
AQA A-level History: The Making of a Superpower: USA 1865-1975 (AQA A Level History) by Steve Waugh,Peter Clements